Throughout the year, RIPA hosts over 200 free public events including tours, movie nights, waterfront activities, our annual Earth Day and Harvest Festivals and more. These family-friendly drop-in events play an integral role in helping Park visitors explore the Island’s varied points of interest. We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals to engage fully.
For inquiries about accessibility, to request an accommodation or for event information please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
May 20, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Randall’s Island is home to more than 152 species of birds, inhabiting the Park’s nearly 20 acres of wetlands and natural areas. Join us for a day of free, family-friendly bird watching! This is a free event.
• Explore 20 acres of natural habitat
• Guided walks with expert guides from RIPA and NYC Audubon
• Crafts and games to learn more about birds
• Suitable for ages 7+ (with an adult)
• Binoculars and bird guides provided!