Throughout the year, RIPA hosts over 200 free public events including tours, movie nights, waterfront activities, our annual Earth Day and Harvest Festivals and more. These family-friendly drop-in events play an integral role in helping Park visitors explore the Island’s varied points of interest. We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals to engage fully.
For inquiries about accessibility, to request an accommodation or for event information please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
May 12, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Randall’s Island Park is home to over 180 species of birds. Join us for a day of free, family-friendly bird watching! Learn about the amazing adaptations of birds as they thrive in the Island’s restored habitats.
• Explore 20 acres of natural habitat
• Guided walks with experts from RIPA and NYC Audubon
• Live birds and information on bird rehabilitation from the Wild Bird Fund
• Binoculars and bird guides provided
• Crafts, games, and refreshments
• Suitable for ages 7+ (with an adult)
Location: Little Hell Gate Salt Marsh just south of Icahn Stadium
Please note: last tour leaves at 12:30pm