Randall’s Island Park has a rich history of hosting cultural events and continues to do so today. Throughout the year, RIPA provides numerous free drop-in programs such as walking tours, movie nights, waterfront activities and our annual Cherry Blossom and Harvest Festivals. In addition, large special events, produced by independent organizations other than the City and RIPA, offer visitors a great variety of exciting options – continuing the Island’s strong tradition as a central entertainment venue for New York City.
RIPA hosts over 300 free public events each year. These family-friendly drop-in events play an integral role in helping Park visitors explore the Island’s varied points of interest. For additional information contact our Public Programs team at [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Cherry Blossom Celebration Week
April 26 - May 2
Spring is here, and so is our Cherry Blossom Celebration week!
Celebrate the beginning of spring with RIPA and join us from 4/26 – 5/2, for festive seasonal activities that you can experience virtually, at the Park, or both!
Virtual Activities, available all week long:
- Virtual Cherry Blossom Tours
- Virtual Dance performances by The Japanese Folk Dance Institute of New York
- Virtual Crafts & Activities
- Virtual Cherry Blossom Guide
- Live Photos & Videos from the Island
In-person activities at the Park on Saturday 5/1 and Sunday 5/2 from 12-4 pm:
- A selfie station at the Urban Farm
- Grab-and-Go Cherry Blossom Art Projects
- Self-Guided Tours featuring our fragrant Gardens, blooming Cherry Trees, scenic natural areas, and our educational Urban Farm
**For details about in-person activities during your visit, access the information tables located by the 103rd Street Footbridge and Bronx Connector, available on May 1st only.
**THIS PROGRAM IS SUPPORTED, IN PART, BY PUBLIC FUNDS FROM THE NEW YORK CITY DEPARTMENT OF CULTURAL AFFAIRS IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE CITY COUNCIL.