Throughout the year, RIPA hosts over 200 free public events including tours, movie nights, waterfront activities, our annual Earth Day and Harvest Festivals and more. These family-friendly drop-in events play an integral role in helping Park visitors explore the Island’s varied points of interest. We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals to engage fully.
For inquiries about accessibility, to request an accommodation or for event information please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
September 29, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Get up close and personal with the fish and wildlife that live along our shoreline. Try your hand at fishing while learning about amazing underwater habitats at this free event.
• Catch-and-release fishing (equipment provided)
• Instruction for all skill levels
• Games exploring underwater life
• Crafts that celebrate fish
• Live nautical-themed music by Funkinships
• Fun for the whole family (suitable for ages 5+)
Location: Southern shore, just south of the 103rd Street Footbridge