Throughout the year, RIPA hosts over 200 free public events including tours, movie nights, waterfront activities, our annual Cherry Blossom and Harvest Festivals and more. These family-friendly drop-in events play an integral role in helping Park visitors explore the Island’s varied points of interest. We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals to engage fully.
For inquiries about accessibility, to request an accommodation or for event information please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Winter Bird Walk
February 5 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Join us for a guided tour to look for and learn about the approximately 50+ species of birds that migrate to the Park during the winter season or live year-round on Randall’s Island!
We invite all levels, from first timers to experienced birders and welcome individuals of all abilities and backgrounds. This program will help participants locate, identify and learn about birds and the New York City environment. It will be an exciting tour as Randall’s Island Park is an oasis where you can learn about and discover something new and different at every visit! Registration required through Eventbrite.
Location: Meet at the base of the 103rd Street Footbridge RI side.
- Please visit our Map for location and please note the closest bathroom will be at the Stadium; there is no bathroom at 103rd
- The walk will end between 3:30-4pm and finish next to Icahn Stadium (about 1 mile from the 103rd Street Bridge but close to the M35 bus stop)
- Dress appropriately. We will be walking along the water, expect it to be colder and possibly windier on the Island.
- Please arrive a few minutes early if you would like to borrow binoculars.
- Consider downloading ebird and inaturalist before the tour
- Hot cocoa and S’mores will be available at the end of the walk by Field 10, North entrance of the Stadium.