Randall's Island Park
20 Randalls Island Park, New York, NY 10035
90th CHSAA VARSITY OUTDOOR INTERSECTIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Saturday May 26th, 2018 @ Icahn Stadium, Randall’s Island
- 8:50 Boys 1600m (heats 6 and up) 9:00 Boys 200 trials (lowest seeded heats)
2. 9:20 Boys 400 INTERMEDIATE HURDLE [FINALS]
- 9:30 GIRLS 400 INTERMEDIATE HURDLE [FINALS]
- 9:40 ALUMNI 1600 METER RUN
- 9:45 ALUMNI 400 METER RUN
- 9:50 COACHES SPRINT MEDLEY
- 9:55 Boys 3000 METER STEEPLECHASE [FINALS]
- 10:05 Girls 2000m STEEPLECHASE [FINALS]
- 10:30 Boys 1600 METER RELAY [TRIALS/6 FASTEST]
- 10:50 Boys 110 METER HIGH HURDLES [TRIALS/8 fastest]
- 11:05 GIRLS 100 METER HIGH HURDLE [TRIALS/6 FASTEST]
- 11:15 Boys 100 METER [TRIALS/8 fastest]
- 11:30 GIRLS 100 METER [TRIALS]
- 11:40 Boys 400 METER [TRIALS/6 FASTEST]
- 12:05 Boys 800 METER RUN [FINALS]
- 12:25 GIRLS 800 METER [FINALS]
- 12:40 GIRLS SOPHOMORE 1600 METER RELAY [FINALS]
- 12:50 Boys 400 METER RELAY [TRIALS/6 FASTEST]
- 1:05 GIRLS 400 METER RELAY [TRIALS/6 FASTEST]
- 1:15 SOPHOMORE BOYS 400 METER RELAY [FINALS]
- 1:20 Boys 3200 METER RUN [FINALS]
- 1:40 GIRLS 3000 METER FINALS]
- 1:55 Boys 200 METER (highest seeded heats) [TRIALS/6 FASTEST]
- 2:20 GIRLS 200 METER [TRIALS/6 FASTEST]
- 2:40 GIRLS FRESHMAN SPRINT MEDLEY [FINALS]
- 2:45 SOPHOMORE BOYS 3200 METER RELAY [FINALS]
- 3:00 Boys 1600 METER RUN (Heats 1-5) [FINALS]
- 3:35 GIRLS 1500 METER [FINALS]
- 3:45 Boys 200 METER [FINALS]
- 3:50 GIRLS 200 METER [FINALS]
- 3:55 Boys 400 METER [FINALS]
- 4:00 GIRLS 400 METER [FINALS]
- 4:15 GIRLS 100 METER HIGH HURDLES [FINALS]
- 4:20 Boys 110 METER HIGH HURDLES [FINALS]
- 4:25 Boys 100 METER [FINALS]
- 4:30 GIRLS 100 METER [FINALS]
- 4:35 Boys 3200 METER RELAY [FINALS]
- 4:55 GIRLS 3200 METER RELAY [FINALS]
- 5:10 Boys 400 METER RELAY [FINALS]
- 5:15 GIRLS 400 METER RELAY [FINALS]
- 5:20 Boys 1600 METER RELAY [FINALS]
- 5:25 GIRLS 1600 METER RELAY [FINALS]
9:00 GIRLS JAVELIN
9:00 GIRLS POLE VAULT
9:30 GIRLS SHOT PUT 12:00 SEEDED BOYS SHOT
(UNSEEDED TO FOLLOW)
9:30 UNSEEDED BOYS DISC 12:00 GIRLS DISC
9:30 GIRLS TRIPLE JUMP 12:30 GIRLS LONG JUMP
12:30 BOYS LONG JUMP
2:00 BOYS POLE VAULT
9:30 BOYS TRIPLE JUMP 2:30 SEEDED BOYS DISC
9:30 GIRLS HIGH JUMP
[BOYS HIGH JUMP TO FOLLOW]
11:00 BOYS Championship JAVELIN
(Non-Championship to follow boys seeded disc)
On Line Entry Procedure for Boys Teams
*All entries must be submitted at directathletics.com with an athlete’s name and actual seed time from this season by Monday, May 21st at 10:00 p.m.
Please note that you may enter early and make changes to your entry at any time up to 10:00 p.m. on May 21st. ALL ATHLETES THAT INTEND TO COMPETE MUST BE ENTERED ONLINE.
Make sure that you include at least 4 names on relay teams. You may list up to 6 names. Only those athletes listed on the relay may run on that team, even if someone is injured and cannot run. The relay will count as an event for every person you list, even if he does not run.
Your on-line entry is your official entry. Please print a confirmation to check for errors and please correct all errors online.
The scratch meeting will be held at Archbishop Molloy HS at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 24th, 2018. Every school must be represented at the scratches meeting. The head coach may designate a proxy to represent him or her at the meeting.
*** ANY TEAM THAT HAS INTERSECTIONAL ARREARS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE IN THE INTERSECTIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. (THIS PROPOSAL WAS PASSED DECEMBER 15, 1984.)
Dinner will be served at 6:00 PM. The seeding/scratch process will begin at 6:30 p.m.
The seeding meeting location may be changed based on Molloy’s availability. Icahn Stadium will be the next available location. Coaches will be notified of that change if it should occur.
CHSAA Varsity Championships
Meet Instructions for BOYS
Event Rule: An athlete may compete in a maximum of 2 events.
NO-FALSE-START RULE IS IN EFFECT FOR THIS MEET!
Awards: Top 3 Teams receive Plaques
Top 5 Individuals receive Medals
Top 5 Relay Teams receive Medals
Outstanding Track Performer
Outstanding Field Performer
Batons: Supplied by the meet.
Meet is completely pre-seeded – no cards or stickers are needed.
Coaching Areas: Field Coaches only my stand across the track from their respective event in the blue area. A coach’s box will be established at the pole vault for pole vault coaches only.
All other coaches may stand behind the flags in the grass area beyond the finish line or in the stands.
Please let your parents know that they are not allowed on the track or in the field.
Starting Heights: 5’ 4 for the High Jump 10’ for the Pole Vault
Preferred Lanes at Icahn Stadium: 6-7-5-8-4-3-2-1 Top seeds will receive preferred lanes.
100 Dash & Hurdles Advancement:
Top 8 will advance by time to the final (proposal passed fall 2013)
400IH- All 8 Lanes in effect (passed fall 2017)
Field Events: The top 8 seeds will perform in the final flight and be given a 15 minute
warm-up prior to competing. All other flights will be given a general warm-up
and then a ten minute warm-up prior to the their flight
Maximum Athletes in each race (top sections) meet director and clerks have discretion to run more in lower seeded heats based on the number of lanes on track:
- 400: 8 in top 3 heats
- 800: 10 in Seeded Section; 12 in Unseeded Sections- exceptions can be made at the discretion of the clerks when we use an 8 lane track. (proposal passed 2011)
- 1600: 12 in Seeded Section; 15 in second Section, discretion 20 in sections 3-5. (sections 6 and up at discretion of clerk)
- 3200: 12 in Seeded Section; 15 Max in Unseeded Sections- exceptions can be made at the discretion of the clerks when we use an 8 lane track. (proposal passed 2017)
- 3000 steeple: 15 in Seeded Section; 15 in Unseeded Sections- exceptions can be made at the discretion of the clerks when we use an 8 lane track. (proposal passed 2011)
- 400 Meter Relay: 8 in All Sections, 6 to finals
- 1600 Meter Relay: 8 in top 3 heats
- 3200 Meter Relay: 10 in Seeded Section; 14 in Unseeded Sections
In the 100,110 HH, 200, 400, 400m Relay, 1600m Relay trial heats are seeded in preferred lanes according to the following seeds:
NOTE : The following Changes went into effect in 2012 and will continue for 2017
- All athletes that intend to compete must be seeded before the meet.
- Scratches the day of the meet:
- Running events: no move-ups except in 3200 relay if agreed by coaches at seed meeting
- Field events: no changes will be made to flights the day of the meet. If an athlete scratches all flights will remain the same. IF an athlete wishes to jump or throw in a different flight, that must be declared at the seeding meeting by the coach. (ie. #1 seed wishes to jump in earliest flight to avoid a conflict with another event) All flights after the meeting are final.
- 5 heats of the mile will be run during the currently scheduled time frame. The number of athletes in each heat as follows: H1-12, H2-15, Heats 3-5, 20 in each. All other entrants in the mile will run before the 400IH at a time to be determined based on the number of entrants.
- The meet director and games committee have the discretion to establish a cut off measure after the first throw for the unseeded sections of disc, shot, and jav based on the number of entrants in each event. If a cut-off is to be used it will be announced after the seeding meeting.
- Field event warm-ups: All flights will be given a 5 minute warm-up. The top flights will be given at least 15 minutes with more time allowed at the official’s discretion.
- Pole Vault: Only athletes that have cleared the opening height of 10 feet during the season may compete. (medical exceptions can be made)
The following change went into effect in 2013 and will continue for 2017:
Freshman and Sophomores may be entered in only one event unless they have met the following minimum standards:
100- under 13 secs
200-under 25 secs
400-under 60 secs
Mile- under 5 min
2 mile- under 10:30
110 meter hurdles- under 20 secs
4×400-under 60 secs
IF YOU ENTER A FRESHMAN OR SOPHOMORE IN TWO EVENTS HE MUST HAVE MET THE STANDARD FOR BOTH EVENTS.
CHSAA OUTDOOR INTERSECTIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MEET RECORDS – Updated 5/27/2016
100y 9.8 L Pinder St Francis Prep 1958
100y 9.8 S Mcintosh Rice 1965
100y 9.8 E McNeil Bishop Loughlin 1976/1977
100m 10.5 G Gooden Nazareth 1985
100m 10.5 C Cox Nazareth 1997
220y 20.8 s J Fernandez Dubois 1958
220y 21.7 J Hallinan Fordham Prep 1970
220y 21.7 C Francis St Francis 1976
200m 21.3 G Gooden Nazareth 1985
400m 47.58 Patrick Farmer St. Anthony’s 2010
440y 48.2 1t W Boyle Chaminade 1977
880y 1:50.6 T Carroll Fordham Prep 1957
1mile run 4:08.6 T Colon Power Memorial 1970
2mile run 8:50.7 J Gregorek St Anthony’s 1978
120 y H.H. 14.0 A Jordan Cardinal Spellman 1979
330 y IH 39.1 R Bartialter Xaverian 1978
400m IH 52.3 B. McCants Archbishop Molloy 1999
1.5mi steep 7:14.1 M Brown Lasalle 1972
3000m S.C. 9:08.11 R. McDermott Chaminade 2007
400mrelay 41.97 Thomas, White, Porter, Nowell Mount Saint Michaels 2012
880y relay 01:29.3 Davis, Reilly, Hall, Mcguire Cardinal Hayes 1971
1600 m relay 03:17.4 Cannon, Hines, Cannon, Raveneli Holy Trinity 1988
3200mrelay 07:46.62 Cappozzoli,McGee,Turner,Murphy Kellenberg 2012
Discus 191’5 S Gigante Iona Prep 1997
Javelin 218’8 S Francks Archbishop Molloy 1973
New Jav 185’11 M Megerdichian Archbishop Molloy 2006
Shot Put 63’1 S Dellacroce St Peters 1981
Pole Vault 16’1” James Deutmeyer Fordham Prep 2014
Long Jump 23’7.5 K McKewen St John the Baptist 1996
High Jump 6’9.75 A Wynder St Agnes L.I. 1982
Triple Jump 48’7” M Baker Xavier 2016
Pentathlon 3251 pts M Graf Archbishop Molloy 1991
Hammer 208’9 S Gigante Iona Prep 1997
Previous Team Champions Wins
Bishop Loughlin/St James 19.5 All Hallows 1
St Anns/ Archbishop Molloy 15.5 Archbishop Stepinac 1
St. Anthony’s 11.5 Xaverian 1
Chaminade 7 Power Memorial 1
Cardinal Hayes 4 St Peters 0.5
Mt St Michael 4
Fordham Prep 6 The present day Bishop Loughlin was known as
St Augustine’s 3 St. James until 1934.
St Francis Prep 3 The now closed St. Augustine was known as
Msgr Farrell 2 Bishop Loughlin until 1934.
Msgr McClancy 3
DeLaSalle 1 The present day Archbishop Molloy was known as
Iona Prep 1 St. Ann’s until 1957
Manhattan Prep 1 No meet was held in 1968 due to the assassination
LaSalle 1 of NY Senator Robert F. Kennedy.
Msgr. Farrell 1
PENTATHLON & HAMMER
May 31, 2018 at 4:15 pm
CHSAA CHAMPIONSHIP MEDALS WILL BE GIVEN TO THE TOP FIVE FINISHERS.
EVENTS BOYS PENTATHLON GIRLS PENTATHLON
110m HIGH HURDLES 100m HIGH HURDLES
SHOT PUT SHOT PUT
HIGH JUMP HIGH JUMP
LONG JUMP LONG JUMP
1500m RUN 800m RUN
A COACH OR SCHOOL REPRESENTATIVE MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR ATHLETES.
SCHOOL: __________________________________________________________________________COACH: _____________________________
# OF BOYS _________________
# OF GIRLS ________________ @ $5.00 =___________
TOTAL = ______________
Entry fee for boys is covered by League Fees paid at the beginning of the season.
Mail or fax (718-515-6615) to:
Stephanie Irvin- CHSAA Outdoor Chair
Cardinal Spellman High School
1 Cardinal Spellman Place
Bronx, N.Y. 10466