Randall’s Island Park has a rich history of hosting cultural events and continues to do so today. Throughout the year, RIPA provides numerous free drop-in programs such as walking tours, movie nights, waterfront activities and our annual Cherry Blossom and Harvest Festivals. In addition, large special events, produced by independent organizations other than the City and RIPA, offer visitors a great variety of exciting options – continuing the Island’s strong tradition as a central entertainment venue for New York City.
RIPA hosts over 100 free public events each year. These family-friendly drop-in events play an integral role in helping Park visitors explore the Island’s varied points of interest. For additional information contact our Public Programs team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
June 23 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Celebrate the vibrant waterfront on the shores of Randall’s Island at this free event!
• Games, nature crafts, and fun activities
• Live performance by Arm-of-the-Sea Theater
• Science learning, including bubbles with Bubbledad
• Face painting, music, and more!
• Live Jazz Band – performance times: 12pm and 3pm
• Arm-of-the-Sea – performance time: 1pm (this is a one hour show)
Location: Harlem River Picnic Area (near ferry dock)