Throughout the year, RIPA hosts over 200 free public events including tours, movie nights, waterfront activities, our annual Earth Day and Harvest Festivals and more. These family-friendly drop-in events play an integral role in helping Park visitors explore the Island’s varied points of interest. We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals to engage fully.
For inquiries about accessibility, to request an accommodation or for event information please email [email protected].
Earth Day Festival
April 22 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
RIPA’s Earth Day Festival ushers in the warmer months, celebrates care for the earth we all share, and gives visitors the opportunity to appreciate the park’s spring beauty. We’re excited to showcase the seasonal blooms, especially the cherry blossoms. Activities will include:
- Reading with Boogie Down Books
- Face painting with Sheila Jordan Art & Entertainment
- Community science projects
- Nature-based crafts
- Lawn games
- Performances from The Japanese Folk Dance Institute, Soh Daiko, a traditional Japanese drumming group and Pete Nater & Associates, a local Latin Jazz band!
- Tours with our Natural Areas, Urban Farm, and Horticulture teams
Location: the Urban Farm and Fields 62 & 63
For inquiries about accessibility, to request an accommodation or for event information, please email [email protected]
This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council